Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is The Last Ten Books I Abandoned.
Here’s a few books I abandoned, in no particular order…
- Pride, Prejudice and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev
- Death at Whitewater Church by Andrea Carter
- The Night Before by Wendy Walker
- Newsprints by Ru Xu
- The Dreamers by Karen Walker Thompson
- Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
- Topics of Conversation by Miranda Popkey
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummings
- Moral Compass by Danielle Steel
- Sophia of Silicon Valley by Anna Yen
With most of these, I ended up reading about a hundred pages before finally deciding to call it quits and add it to my DNF shelf on Goodreads.
Oddly enough, there are a couple of these that I would consider attempting to re-read again. Sometimes it just isn’t the right time to be reading a certain book. In other cases, there were issues with the narrative that I disliked and couldn’t ignore, so I ultimately chose to abandon it. I’m very picky with what I read because I hate when I have to DNF something.
What are some books you’ve abandoned? Tell me in the commends or drop a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can check it out!