Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Books Set in a Place I’d Love to Visit.
Here are a few book settings I would love to visit, in no particular order…
- Austin, Texas (Tracers series by Laura Griffin)
- Cornall, UK (Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbraith)
- Boston, Massachusetts (The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman)
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts (Blackbird House by Alice Hoffman)
- Burning Lake, New York (Natalie Lockhart series by Alice Blanchard)
- Brighton, UK (Harbinder Kaur series by Elly Griffiths)
- Coronado Cove, California (Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett)
- Seoul, South Korea (XOXO by Axie Oh)
- Virgin River, California (Virgin River series by Robyn Carr)
- Scribbly Gum Island, Australia (The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty)
In each of these books the setting plays a huge role in the story and comes alive on the page. Most of these are series, so I can return back to my favorite places whenever I’m ready to read the next book.