Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Books I Was Excited to Get But Haven’t Read Yet.
I think many readers fall into this trap of buying either a new book or a book they can’t wait to read only to have it sit on their nightstands for weeks on end. Why do we do this?
I don’t have an answer to that, but here are ten books I was (and still am) thrilled to read but haven’t yet, in no particular order…
- The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren
- Must Love Books by Sheila Robinson
- The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
- Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas
- Love, Chai, and Other Four-Letter Words by Annika Sharma
- The Next Ship Home by Heather Webb
- Dead Connect by Alafair Burke
- When We Were Young and Brave by Hazel Gaynor
- The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman
- The Best American Mystery and Suspense 2021 Edited by Alafair Burke
To be fair, I did start reading The Rules of Magic last week. However, I got it for my birthday in March and couldn’t bring myself to read it until now. I thought I would like it too much!
I think that is the case for a lot of these. I know I will like them, perhaps too much, and so I put off reading them.
Do you have books you were excited to get but haven’t read yet?