Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is One-Word Reviews for the Last Ten Books I Read.
I love this topic idea, though I am amending mine slightly to do one word to describe each book, rather than one word to serve as a review.
Here are the last ten books I posted reviews for (starting with books I read recently and will post reviews for soon!) along with one word to describe them.
- Meet Me in the Margins by Melissa Ferguson. Bookish.
- Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus. Groundbreaking.
- Flying Witch Volume 10 by Chihiro Ishizuka. Whimsical.
- Maizy Chen’s Last Chance by Lisa Yee. Educational.
- Minor in Possession (J.P. Beaumont #8) by J.A. Jance. Dark.
- My Italian Bulldozer by Alexander McCall Smith. Playful.
- The Secret Therapy of Trees by Marco Mencagli and Marco Nieri. Scientific.
- Going, Going, Ganache (Cupcake Bakery #5) by Jenn McKinlay. Mysterious.
- The Bookshop on the Corner (Scottish Bookshop #1) by Jenny Colgan. Delightful.
- The Ice Queen by Alice Hoffman. Magical.
This was much harder than I thought it would be!