Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Favorite Places to Read.
Here are a few of mine, in no particular order…
- Public Library. I have always enjoyed reading at various local public libraries because they have the perfect amount of distraction for me and I love to be surrounded by books.
- College Campus Library. Reading at the campus library was one of my favorite things to do in college. At my school there were several floors available for students to read and study, and comfy chairs that looked out onto the quad.
- On the Sofa. We used to have a really nice sofa at home that was perfect for afternoon reading (and catnaps) and I really miss it.
- In Bed. This is where I spend most of my time reading, since I usually read at night and first thing in the morning. Firm pillows are a must!
- Comfortable Chair. I have a chair in our living room that is perfect for reading, and I think this may be one of my favorite spots.
- With My Pets. I love to read with either my cats or dog nearby. They are the perfect companions for an afternoon spent reading.
- Anywhere Near a Window. I find it so relaxing to read inside near a window so I can be near nature without having to be too close.
As you probably noticed, I don’t tend to read outside very much. Unless I were camping or staying in a cabin somewhere, I don’t see myself ever purposely reading outside because I don’t like to be unaware of my surroundings while in public (thanks to all the mysteries and thrillers I’ve read over the years!).