Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is a Freebie! I decided to do a past topic, Bookstores or Libraries I’d Love to Visit.
Whenever I travel I make a point to check out the local public libraries in whatever city I am visiting.
Here are a few libraries (and cities!) I would love to visit someday, in alphabetical order…
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library – New Haven, Connecticut. How fun would it be to wander through one of the largest libraries in the world that is devoted exclusively to rare books and manuscripts?
- Bishan Public Library – Singapore. I discovered this library while researching libraries around the world. Since I would love to visit Singapore and other parts of Asia, this one is definitely now on my list.
- Bodleian Library – Oxford, England. The main research library of Oxford, this is pretty much every bookworm’s dream library, right?
- Camden Public Library – Camden Maine. Not only is this public library in Maine a National Historical Landmark, it also happens to be the cutest library I have ever seen.
- Vancouver Central Library – Vancouver, Canada. I have always wanted to take a road trip up the coast and to Vancouver. This gorgeous library in Downtown Vancouver would be the perfect place to stop!
- Library of Congress – Washington, D.C.. I have been to Washington, D.C. but haven’t yet had the chance to visit the Library of Congress. I hope to change that someday.
- Nakajima Library – Akita, Japan. This stunning library is located within Akita International University. I especially love the way the desks are arranged!
- Provincetown Public Library – Provincetowen, Massachusetts. I have always wanted to visit Massachusetts and the east coast to tour historical sites. The quaint, colonial style architecture of this library is so picturesque to me.
- Seattle Central Library – Seattle, Washington. The architectural style of this building is mesmerizing! I would love to see it in person.
- Trinity College Library – Dublin, Ireland. Dublin is high on my list of places to visit, along with this library! The Long Room has over 200,000 books. I could spend days wandering through the stacks.
For the next freebie post I will do a roundup of bookstores I’d like to visit!