Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Resolutions/Hopes for 2021.
In previous posts I discussed some of my reading goals for this year and the reading challenges I am participating in. In addition to those, here are some other bookish resolutions I’ve come up with, in no particular order…
- Meet Goodreads Goal. This year, it’s 50 books.
- Complete Reading Challenges. I’m leaving some wiggle room with this one, since I don’t anticipate being able to complete every prompt of the PopSugar Challenge or to read a book set in every state for the 50 States Book Challenge. However many I can complete will be okay with me.
- Read the Books I Own. I suspect this will be on many people’s lists this week! In general, I always have this idea that I will read the books I own before buying new books. Does it happen? Sometimes! This year I will make more of an effort to stick to it.
- Focus On Genres I Like. Over the last few years I have tried to diversify my reading in terms of reading across genres. I think this is important for all readers to do. This year however, I’m giving myself permission to stick to the genres I enjoy the most, mainly mystery, thriller, and suspense.
- Read More Non-Fiction. This one should be doable since I have a handful of non-fiction books on my shelf now that I am hoping to get to in the first half of the year.
If I came up with any other bookish resolutions I might not meet them all, so I’m sticking with just a handful to make it more realistic.