Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is a holiday freebie and since I don’t read many holiday-themed books I thought I would keep it simple and list the last ten books I added to my TBR on Goodreads.
Here we go!
- The Wife Upstairs by Rachel Hawkins. I added this to my list after seeing it as an option on Book of the Month.
- A Cuban Girl’s Guide to Tea and Tomorrow by Laura Taylor Namey. I saw this quite a bit on Bookstagram last week and it sounded like a fun read.
- Efren Divided by Ernesto Cisneros. Last week this book was reviewed and recommended by Lisa Yee on NPR’s Book Concierge and I added it to my list immediately.
- Sounds Like Me: My Life (So Far) in Song by Sara Bareilles. I remember seeing this book at the library a while ago and after seeing Sara Bareilles come up on my Spotify Unwrapped I decided to add her memoir to my TBR.
- Amazons, Abolitionists, and Activists: A Graphic History of Women’s Fight for Their Rights by Mikki Kendall. I came across this while browsing e-books and added it to my list because I love anything that is historical and graphic novel.
- This Was Our Pact by Ryan Andrews. Another graphic novel I came across last week that looked interesting.
- Trace of Evil (Natalie Lockhart #1) by Alice Blanchard. This one was recently recommended by a fellow blogger and I thought it looked like a promising potential new series to start.
- Once Upon a Quinceanera by Monica Gomez-Hira. I think this was another one that I came across through Bookstagram! The title, cover, and synopsis all caught my eye.
- Mandy by Julie Andrews Edwards. After reading Julie Andrews’ second memoir last week, I added her first children’s book to my TBR.
- The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter. I have still yet to read my first Karin Slaughter book and someone recommended this as a good one to start with. Thoughts?
So that’s it! The last ten books added to my TBR.