Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Books I Read That Someone Recommended To Me.
Here’s a few books I read because someone recommended them, either on Instagram or in my personal life…
- The Hypnotist’s Love Story by Liane Moriarty (from my mom)
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie (from my husband)
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon (from a coworker)
- American Born Chinese by Gene Leun Yang (from a coworker)
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (from my mom)
- The Way You Make Me Feel (from someone on Instagram)
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo (from a coworker)
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri (from my mom)
- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo (from a coworker)
- How to Love a Jamaican by Alexia Arthurs (from someone on Instagram)
These ended up being some of my favorite books!