Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Books For My Younger Self.
What a fun topic idea! Here are a few I came up with, in no particular order…
- The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
- Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier
- Screen Queens by Lori Goldstein
- To All the Boys series by Jenny Han
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- Divergent series by Veronica Roth
- Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
- New Kid by Jerry Craft
Although I read some fantastic books as a kid and a teen, from what I recall it was a lot of dystopian fiction. Although I know I would have loved the Divergent series, I think I would have also enjoyed I these decidedly more “fun” books had they been published back then.
What about you? What are some books you wish you had read as a child? Tell me in the comments or drop a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can check it out!