Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Books that Make Me Smile.
Here are a few titles that made me smile, in no particular order…
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett. Everything about this story made me smile, but it was mostly the characters (Bailey, Porter, her dad) and the setting (small beach town in California) that I loved.
- Now I’ll Tell You Everything by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. The final book of a fantastic series, not only made me smile but made me tear up as well.
- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo. This story was so beautiful written and was an absolute joy to read, the writing (and characters) always made me smile.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. Coming-of-age stories always make me smile and Francie’s story remains particularly memorable.
- The Hypnotist’s Love Story by Liane Moriarty. Everything Liane Moriarty writes is witty and clever and is guaranteed to make me smile and laugh.
- The Way You Make Me Feel by Maurene Goo. Just, everything about this book. I loved it so much (and everything Maurene Goo writes!)
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon. The conversations between Natasha and Daniel, and their constant banter throughout the book, always made me smile and they remain some of my favorite characters.
- Screen Queens by Lori Goldstein. Such an inspirational story about young women in STEM, their creativity and resilience had me smiling like a goof by the end of the book.
- Orange by Ichigo Takano. Being relatively new to manga, this story made me smile because of how effortlessly it told a surprisingly moving and emotional story.
- The Rise of Kyoshi by F.C. Yee. Anything related to the ATLA universe makes me smile because it’s a series I love so much and a world I will always be entranced by.
There are so many more but these are some relatively recent reads that were extra memorable for me.
What are some books that make you smile? Tell me in the comments or drop me a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can check it out!