Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Books I’ve Added to My TBR and Forgotten Why.
This topic gave me a laugh. All I had to do was go to the last page on my Goodreads “Want to Read” shelf and see what I don’t even remember adding.
Here’s a few books I forgot why I added to my TBR, in no particular order…
- Becoming Mrs. Smith by Tanya E. Williams
- The Immortals by Jordanna Max Brody
- Mrs. by Caitlin Macy
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan
- The Outcasts of Time by Ian Mortimer
- The Angel Tree by Lucinda Riley
- The Messy Magnificent Life: A Field Guide by Geneen Roth
- She Would Be King by Wayetu Moore
- The Incarnations by Susan Barker
- The Lost Castle by Kristy Cambron
I’m sure at some point I thought each of these would be a good book to read.
Working at a library, you often get unsolicited (but very much welcome!) book recommendations all the time. I’ve gotten in the habit of keeping my Goodreads page open so I can quickly add those patron-recommended titles before I forget them. Sometimes I go back and double check if it’s actually something I want to read, and sometimes I forget!
What are some books you added to your TBR but forgot why? Tell me in the comments or drop a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can check it out!