Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Authors Who Have A Fun Social Media Presence.
What an interesting topic! I don’t follow a ton of authors on social media but here are the ones that I do (in no particular order), because I enjoy what they tweet or post about…
- Katharine McGee. I love that she shows all of the behind the scenes of writing and book tours and everything that encompasses an author’s daily life.
- Alafair Burke. She doesn’t shy away from talking about things that matter, especially on Twitter, which I love.
- Victoria Schwab. I haven’t actually read any of her books yet but I find her Twitter to be extremely entertaining.
- Jenny Han. We all know I wasn’t the biggest To All the Boys fan (sorry!) but I love the behind the scenes content that Jenny Han gives on all her social media.
- Jojo Moyes. Who knew Jojo Moyes had such an idyllic farm life? Not me, until I started following her Instagram. I love the updates on her horses and Big Dog!
- Laura Griffin. Another example of me just relishing in the behind the scenes of an author’s life, Laura Griffin’s content is very everyday but with a splash of excitement when book things are happening or she’s having a new giveaway!
- Chuck Wendig. I’ve only read his book on storytelling so I am not too familiar with his work, but he is hilarious on Twitter.
- Margaret Atwood. As I’m typing this I’m thinking about the recent video of her on Twitter, casually riding a motorized scooter down the street, and that is the kind of content I can get behind!
- J.K. Rowling. Maybe not “fun” but more like, informative? I love that she always updates on the latest Strike novels, often in real time!
- Angie Thomas. Her tweets are hilarious, especially the ongoing story of the ghost in her house (aka, Ghost Bae).
Who are some authors you follow on social media for their fun posts? Tell me in the comments or drop a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can check it out!