Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girlin January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Characters I’d Follow on Social Media.
I love this topic idea!
I think we all have characters that we have come to know and love so much that we wish they were real people; imagining how they’d be on social media was so fun to do for this post.
Here are some book characters I wouldn’t hesitate to follow, on either a blog, Instagram, Pinterest, or even Twitter!
- Robin Ellacot, from the Cormoran Strike novels by Robert Galbraith. I think Robin would have a very thoughtful blog!
- Becky Bloomwood from the Shopaholic novels by Sophie Kinsella. I feel like Becky would have some really funny tweets, or at least an eye-catching Instagram full of swoon-worthy fashion.
- Astrid Leong-Teo from the Crazy Rich Asians series by Kevin Kwan. Astrid would have a killer Instagram account.
- Lara Jean Covey from the To All the Boys series by Jenny Han. Can you imagine how cute and inspiring Lara Jean’s Pinterest boards would be?
- Ellen O’Farrell from The Hypnotist’s Love Story by Liane Moriarty. Wherever Ellen would post, I’m sure it would be full of hypnotherapy tips and tricks and lots of inspiring Buddhist quotes!
- Alice McKinley from the Alice series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. I would love to read Alice’s blog about all her daily musings!
- Fred and George Weasley from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I can only imagine how funny these two would be on Twitter.
- Xiomara from The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo. I think Xiomara would have an exquisite blog!
- Casiopea Tun from Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia. I can see Casiopea having a very cool Instagram account showcasing all her worldly travels!
- Daniel Bae from The Sun is Also a Star. Daniel would have the sweetest snippets of poetry on his Instagram, I’m sure of it!
As you can tell by the level of thought I put into each of these, this might have been my favorite Top Ten Tuesday post so far!
What are some book characters you’d follow on social media? Tell me in the comments or leave a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can check it out!