Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girlin January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is a Book Cover Freebie.
Lately I have noticed a trend with book covers, specifically memoirs and/or autobiographies that contain portraits on the cover. What do they almost always have in common? The color scheme. So, I thought I would do a roundup of some of my favorite black and white covers.
Here they are, in no particular order…
- Walk Through Walls: A memoir by Marina Abramovic (and James Kaplan)
- The Woman I Wanted to Be by Diane Von Furstenburg
- Inside Out by Demi Moore
- Me by Elton John
- Janis: Her Life and Music by Holly George-Warren
- Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews
- Just Kids by Patti Smith
- Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years by Julie Andrews (with Emma Walton Hamilton)
- In Pieces by Sally Field
- Texas Flood: The Inside Story of Stevie Ray Vaughn by Alan Paul and Andy Aledort
I haven’t read all of these titles, some I have just admired from afar. Have you read any of them?
What are some of your favorite book covers? Tell me in the comments or drop a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can check it out!