Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Character Traits I Love/Things That Make Me Love A Character.
As much as I like character that are likable, let’s be honest, I love to hate characters just as much as I love to love them.
Below are some of my favorite character personality traits, both the good and the bad.
- Passionate. About anything really.
- Kind. Kindness in people and characters is always an attractive quality.
- Confident. When the hero know’s they’ve got this!
- Clever. Smarties are sometimes the best – looking at you Hermione Granger!
- Selfless. I’m not a fan of martyrs but done the right way, selflessness can make a character admirable.
- Unreliable. In their narration perhaps or just as a person.
- Killjoys. I love a little sarcasm now and again.
- Opinionated. See above.
- Secretive. This always add a little mystery to the story.
- Desperate. These characters will do surprising things!
I thought I’d have a tough time with this week’s topic but in thinking about some of the memorable books I have read and the characters I have enjoyed the most, it turned out to be easier than I expected.
What are your favorite or least favorite character personality traits? Tell me in the comments or drop a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post below!