Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Books I Enjoyed That Are Outside My Comfort Zone.
If you had asked me a year ago if I’d read any good graphic novels lately, I would have said heck no! It wasn’t until earlier this year that I really started getting into the genre and as it turns out, I kind of love it.
Here are some great titles that have made me fall in love with graphic novels…
- Ghosts by Raina Telgemeir
- Be Prepared by Vera Brosgol
- Anya’s Ghost by Vera Brosgol
- New Kid by Jerry Craft
- The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
- The Giver: Graphic Novel by Lois Lowry, Illustrated by P. Craig Russell
- Avatar: The Last Airbender The Search Part #1-3 by Gene Luen Yang
- Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
- Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea by Ben Clanton
- Invisible Emmie by Terri Libenson
This year I was pretty into the middle-grade and YA genres, as you can tell! I may share a bit more about what it is exactly that I love so much about these graphic novels in a future post. I’m definitely on the hunt for adult graphic novels, so any and all recommendations are welcome.
What are some books you’ve enjoyed that are outside your comfort zone? Tell me in the comments or drop a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can check it out! 🙂