Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Books I’d Like for My Personal Library, or a shorter version, Books I Want to Own.
Here are a few books I hope to own some day, in no particular order…
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- Rebecca by Daphne de Maurier
- Total Cat Mojo by Jackson Galaxy
- Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit
- Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead
- Dog Songs by Mary Oliver
- The Annotated Hans Christian Andersen edited by Maria Tatar
A few of these titles are classics that I have read several times and was truly surprised to find that I don’t own copies already.
Others on the list were library loans, of course! I don’t really buy books anymore so this was a tough list to create, but these are books I can see myself reading and re-reading in the future so they would be a good investment. (That’s what we tell ourselves, right? 😉 )
What are some books you want for your personal library? Tell me in the comments or link me your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can check it out! 🙂