Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Favorite Tropes. A trope is a common plot device or theme.
Here are a few of mine, in no particular order…
- Family sagas with lots of siblings
- Unlikely heroes or unwilling heroes
- Love triangles and/or unrequited love
- Bad/evil characters becoming good
- Unreliable narrators
- Rotating character perspectives
- Private detectives working without/against police
I considered doing a list of tropes I dislike reading about, just for the sake of reaching ten, but maybe I’ll do that for the next freebie topic.
What are some of your favorite tropes? Tell me in the comments or leave a link to your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can check it out! 🙂