Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is another freebie! I’m doing Favorite Non-Fiction Books.
Over the years I have read some excellent works of non-fiction either for school or on my own accord.
Here are some of my favorites, in no particular order…
- In Defense of a Liberal Education by Fareed Zakaria
- Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach
- They Say/I Say: The Moves that Matter in Academic Writing by Gerald Graff
- Diversity in Youth Literature: Opening Doors Through Reading by Jamie Campbell Naidoo
- Witch Craze: Terror and Fantasy in Baroque Germany by Lyndal Roper
- The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution by Walter Isaacson
- The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Life Well by Meik Wiking
- What We See When We Read by Peter Mendelsund
- Ask A Manager: How to Navigate Clueless Colleagues, Lunch-Stealing Bosses, and the Rest of Your Life at Work by Alison Green
- A History of Medieval Heresy and Inquisition by Jennifer Kolpacoff Deane
Each of these books were memorable and thought-provoking for me in unique ways. I’m always game to read non-fiction so if you have any recommendations, please share! 🙂
What did you pick for your freebie topic this week? Feel free to share in the comments or link me your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can check it out!