Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Childhood Favorites.
I love this topic idea! It wasn’t hard for me to come up with this list because I still think of many of these books/series often. Most of these books were read more than once during my childhood and preteen years.
Here are some of my childhood favorites…
- Millicent Min, Girl Genius by Lisa Yee
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Ribbons by Laurence Yep
- Encyclopedia Brown series by Donald J. Sobol
- Magic Treehouse series by Mary Pope Osborne (my favorites were Twister on Tuesday, Civil War on Sunday, Revolutionary War on Wednesday, and Earthquake in the Early Morning)
- American Girl series by various authors (favorites were the Kirsten books by Janet Beeler Shaw, the Samantha books by various authors, and the Kit books by Valerie Tripp)
- Dear America series by various authors (my favorites were The Winter of Red Snow by Kristiana Gregory, A Picture of Freedom by Patricia C. McKissack, and I Walk in Dread by Lisa Rowe Fraustino)
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Katie John by Mary Calhoun
There was never anything I loved more as a child than curling up with a book (and my cats!) and it was such a lovely trip down memory lane to think about some of these titles.
I think the book I read the most times was possibly Millicent Min, Girl Genius by Lisa Yee and I still have my original paperback copy!
What are some of your favorite childhood books? Tell me in the comments, or link me your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can see your list! 🙂