Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s topic is Unpopular Bookish Opinions.
I suspect some of these might irk my fellow readers, but here we go!
- Reading outside is not fun. I live in the desert and being outside for any long period of time sounds like torture to me.
- Reading while on vacation is not fun. It doesn’t allow me to be present on my trip and appreciate where I am, etc.
- I will never read some writers, no matter what. But I won’t list them here.
- No bookmark? No problem. There’s nothing wrong with using a non-bookmark as a bookmark (receipts, pens, coasters, other books…)
- Writing is okay. There’s nothing wrong with writing in a book that you own. If any, it will give you something to laugh at years later.
- Dog-earing is okay. Just not the pages of a library book.
- Schools should stick to contemporary literature. Teaching contemporary literature to high school students fosters their love of reading; teaching only classic literature does the opposite
- Re-reading books is not a waste of time.
- Anyone can read whatever they want. Children’s/Young Adult/Teen literature is as much for younger readers as it is for adult readers and vice versa.
- Reading is reading. There is no such thing as a trashy book, or guilty pleasure reading. Reading = reading, end of story
…and those are just a handful of my unpopular bookish opinions. My musings on these posts is all in good fun, promise! 🙂
Do you have any unpopular bookish opinions? Tell me in the comments, and link your Top Ten Tuesday post if you have one!