Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s theme is Books from My Favorite Genre.
My favorite genre has to be contemporary fiction. It’s what I tend to read and recommend most.
Here are some of my recent favorite works of contemporary fiction, in no particular order:
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenneger
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarity
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- Where’d You Go Bernadette? by Maria Semple
Most of these were read in the last few years, and almost all of them have been reviewed here on my site.
What are your favorite reads from your favorite genre? Tell me in the comments, and link your Top Ten Tuesday post so I can check it out! 🙂