Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme from That Artsy Reader Girl and was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Inspirational Book Quotes.
Here are some of my favorites:
- “I don’t know what lies around the bend, but I’m going to believe that the best does.” – L.M. Montgomery, from Anne of Green Gables
- “The notion of my future suddenly snapped into focus: it didn’t exist yet.” Ottessa Moshfegh, from My Year of Rest and Relaxation
- “May my actions be purposeful. I am my own greatest ally. I am enough in myself.” – Katharine McGee, from The Thousandth Floor
- “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” -J.K. Rowling, from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- “That’s the thing about books, they let you travel without moving your feet.” -Jhumpa Lahiri, The Namesake
- “Beware. For I am fearless, and therefore powerful.” -Mary Shelley, from Frankenstein
- “I can’t go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” -Lewis Carroll, from Alice in Wonderland
- “If you look the right way, you can see the whole world is a garden.” -Frances Hodgson Burnett, from The Secret Garden
- “Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone, just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald, from The Great Gatsby
- “People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.” Harper Lee, from To Kill A Mockingbird
There are so many great book quotes out there, but I only selected ones from the books I have actually read 🙂
What are some of your favorite inspirational or thought-provoking book quotes? Tell me in the comments!