Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme from That Artsy Reader Girl and was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is Outrageous Things I’ve Done for the Love of Books.
Here are mine:
- Taken a library book on vacation. I used to cart them along on the plane, in rental cars, and hotel rooms – thinking about that now makes me cringe.
- Kept a library book past its due date. This has already happened twice in 2019 and I am not ashamed.
- Taken a book into the bath. Only books I own, and for the record I have never dropped one 🙂
- Stayed up incredibly late to finish reading a book. I am not a night-owl so if I’m up past my usual time, that book has got to be good.
- Preordered a new book that is part of a series. I rarely buy books (hello, public libraries!) and have never been one to wait in the midnight lines for a new release. But for the sake of Cormoran Strike, I will preorder a hardback four-hundred-plus page book without care of the cost.
What are the crazy/outrageous/uncharacteristic things you’ve done for the love of books? Tell me in the comments!