Hello, happy Sunday! What have you been up to this week?
This week I have been reading The Mother of All Questions by Rebecca Solnit, and Death Wears A Beauty Mask And Other Stories by Mary Higgins Clark. I hope to have reviews posted of both of these in the coming weeks.
I finished The Life-Changing Manga of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo, and you can read my review of that here. Spoiler: I loved it.
And, since it’s Earth Day, I wanted to pingback to my review of Hot, Flat and Crowded last year. It’s an amazing book about how our culture contributes to the state of the earth’s climate and what we can do to start helping, instead of hurting it. I cannot recommend this book enough as it was incredibly eye opening.
Personally, this was a very busy work week for me. I had hoped for some downtime this weekend, but as my classes are coming to a close it (unfortunately) means a little more study time than I would like and less time for recreational reading and such. Thankfully, the spring semester will be over soon (less than a month!)
Finally, this week, Liz over at Dear Blog…Love, Liz nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. So fun! Be sure to check out her original post, here.
I have never done one of these before, so here goes..!
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
10-20bloggers you feel deserve the award (modifying this because I don’t have as much time to peruse blogs as I wish I did!)
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny one
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Three Things About Me:
- I’m a librarian! I’m currently working on my Masters in Library and Information Science at the University of Arizona. I have an incredibly busy schedule but I love what I do.
- I mostly read fiction and historical fiction, but I recently got into the mystery genre. This is probably the most popular genre at the library where I work. I felt the need to check it out, and now I’m pretty certain I will become hooked!
- My dream travel destinations are England, France, Spain, and Japan, but my favorite travel destination is California. West Coast Best Coast all the way!
- If you could have anyone over for dinner, who would it be and why? Definitely J.K. Rowling. I would love to chat with her about her mystery series, written under her pseudonym Robert Galbraith. Although I’m sure she wouldn’t reveal anything about the upcoming books, I would love to hear how she got the idea for the series.
- What’s something you wear or keep with you every day and why? My glasses! I wear contacts but I always keep my glasses nearby in case something happens to my contacts and I need a backup. I have terrible vision and would be lost (literally) without them.
- What is a book you recommend everybody read? That’s tough! I would have to say A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, which is where the quote is from in my blog tagline. It’s a classic, and there’s something in it for everyone.
- Why is your best friend your best friend? My best friend is easily my fiance, Anthony. We share so many interests and can talk for hours about any given subject, even the ones we don’t agree on.
- Do you believe in karma? Yes! But I don’t think you should try to create karma (for example, doing something bad to someone who “deserves it”) I think you should let the universe do its thing 🙂
- Jess of Earth
- Joli Papier
- Magic in the Everyday
- Paperbacks for Life
- Stuck in Fiction
- A Bag Full of Stories
- What is your favorite book of all time?
- If you could meet any author, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Where is your dream vacation destination?
- What are some of your favorite skincare or beauty products?
- Do you believe in horoscopes?
Would love to see your responses, either in the comments or in a Mystery Blogger post of your own ! 🙂
Thanks again for the nomination, Liz!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, or what’s left of it anyway! 🙂