One of my favorite things to read about in blogs and magazines is what people carry in their bags. Why? I’m nosy. And curious. I just wanna know what you can’t live without so I can decide if I can’t live without those things too, and have an excuse to make a trip to Target!
I dress differently at work than I do at home or on the weekends (don’t we all??) and this extends to my accessories, too. I tend to always take a backpack to work, usually this black Herschel bag above, and I like to stick to a small-ish purse on the weekends (my favorites are these kinds Mossimo at Target). I like neutral colors that I can wear with pretty much anything.
I will be the first to admit that I over-prepare and over-pack for work which is ridiculous since I work ten minutes away from where I live. But I’d rather have what I need and not need it than vice versa, Here’s what I take to work:
- Planner: I would be lost without my planner (s). I have two, one for personal planning and appointments and one for random lists and notes
- Book: I always take a book to work…to distract me from work! JK not really but I do like to always have one on hand because you never know when you’ll need it
- Glasses: for the end of the day when my contacts are bugging me
- Tissues/Hand Sanitizer: Standard hygiene items!
- Blotting sheets: great for late-afternoon touch-ups
- Hand cream: all offices are freezing, amirite? Cold air = dry skin = Bath and Body Works to the rescue
- Pen & Pencil: pen for writing in my planner, pencil for Sudoku 🙂
On the weekends, my bag is much lighter.
Here’s what I carry in my purse:
- Compact: necessary
- Lip gloss & salve: or a least some lip balm to avoid chapped lips
- Wallet: I used to carry a huge wallet with all my cards but lately I’ve been using this turquoise wallet insert instead and it keeps me so much more organized and less likely to take more than I need
- Sunglasses: we live in the desert – leaving home without sunglasses is the worst thing you can ever do. I never leave mine in the car because the chances of them melting (yes, melting) is too high to risk it
- Hair ties & pins: I switch between a side braid, a ponytail, or a bun so much on any given day that I’ve learned to keep these accessories on hand
- Blotting sheets: seriously, you should get these they are amazing
What do you carry in your bag? Or are you one of those people who just sticks your keys and cards in your wallet and is out the door? If so, I am incredibly jealous.