It is almost 2017! Thank god. I always think it’s a good idea to (briefly) take a look back at the year before the clock strikes midnight on December 31st and assess where you’re at in your life. How close did you come to your goals this year? What are the steps you’re planning to take next year? That kind of thing. If the above photo doesn’t prompt you to do that asap then I don’t know what will (unless you are a man, then substitute girl for boy).
Over the next few days I’ll be hunkering down and re-reading some of my favorite books like I always do this time of year, and watching The Crown.
In the meantime, here are a few of my favorite posts from this past year:
- Julie Andrews sweet memoir Home was one of my favorite memoirs this year
- A facelift for my bookshelf
- Do you listen to music while you write?
- …or do you prefer podcasts?
- Words of advice from J.K. Rowling
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day really struck a chord with me this year
- Probably my favorite book that I read in 2016
- …but this came in a close second.
On a personal note, my highlights from 2016 included my trips to San Francisco, getting engaged, getting my Masters degree, and (most recently) my new job that I am settling into nicely. Thanks for reading and following and I will be back in 2017.